Sometimes flying back from Europe on a 9 hour flight can feel like an eternity. Some travelers don't mind the hours of peace and quiet so they can enjoy several movies or binge watching a favorite tv show. Arguably the airlines serve decent meals and on a long flight you will have several opportunities to test the meals for yourself.
All of those things would have to get very old traveling on some of the longest flights in the world. The 9 hour flight time is several HOURS shorter than the world's longest nonstop flight that will debut in February 2016.
Statista, an online statistics portal, recently made a list of the 10 longest flights and we thought we would share them with you. Sit back, put on your headphones and grab a cheese ravioli meal as you have lots of time to waste!!!
10) Dubai United Arab Emirates to San Francisco California - 8,103 miles - 15 hours, 50 minutes - Emirates
9) Abu Dhabi United Arab Emirates to San Francisco California - 8,157 miles - 16 hours, 15 minutes - Etihad Airways
8) Dallas Texas to Hong Kong - 8,123 miles - 16 hours, 20 minutes - American Airlines
7) Dubai United Arab Emirates to Houston Texas - 8,167 miles - 16 hours, 20 minutes - Emirates
6) Abu Dhabi United Arab Emirates to Los Angeles California - 8,390 miles - 16 hours, 30 minutes - Etihad Airways
5) Dubai United Arab Emirates to Los Angeles California - 8,339 - 16 hours, 35 minutes - Emirates
4) Johannesburg South Africa to Atlanta Georgia - 8,440 miles - 16 hours, 40 minutes - Delta Airlines
3) Los Angeles California to Jeddah Saudi Arabia - 8,332 miles - 16 hours, 55 minutes - Saudia
2) Dallas Texas to Sydney Australia - 8,577 miles - 16 hours, 55 minutes - Qantas
1) Dubai United Arab Emirates to Panama City Panama - 8,588 miles - 17 hours, 35 minutes - Emirates
We told you they were long flights. Hope you saved some pennies to upgrade to business class!!! Next time, the 9 hours home from Europe will feel like a regional commuter flight!